- Faculty member, College of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Sejong University. Sep. 2016- present.
- Assist. Prof. Dr., Head of Tourism Department, British University of Nicosia, Cyprus. Sep. 2015- Aug. 2016.
- PhD of Tourism Management, EMU, Faculty of Tourism, Famagusta, North Cyprus. February 2012-June 2015.
- MSc. of Natural Resource Engineering, University of Zabol. May 2009.
- B.S of Natural Resource Engineering, University of Tehran. Sep. 2007.
Background and Research Interest
Olya has viable experience in both industry and academia. He has served a consultant for engineer companies in the fields of the environment and natural resources for more than seven years. He was manager of a research project in the International Carbon Sequestration Project, coordinated by the UNDP. He was a researcher for seven research projects funded by the University of Tehran, Agriculture Ministry, and Sathoom Desert Research Center. He earned a license as a consultant in the field of natural resources engineering in 2011 and was head of the Geographical Information System (GIS) Department, Agriculture Ministry in Birjand from 2010 to 2012. In addition, he has five years of teaching experience and has published two books on tourism and natural resources: Atlas of Desert Tourism and Horticulture and Garden Tourism.
Olya’s research interests include tourism marketing, modeling consumer behavior, tourism climate, GIS, fuzzy logic, asymmetric modelling using fsQCA with complexity theory, Halal tourism, and modelling of environmental systems. He has made numerous publications in scientific journals and presentations at conferences. He was selected as a third young researcher at the Festival of Superior Young Adult Living Abroad, organized by the President–Supreme Council of Affairs Abroad in 2012.
His recent work on tourist assessment of climate risk has been published in Tourism Management. He serves as a reviewer for SSCI journals, including Current Issues in Tourism, Tourism Management, Lake and Reservoir Management, Water Research and Development, and Environment, Development and Sustainability.